Sliced Pear with Goats Cheese
- one large log of goats cheese
- 6 pears
- 4 green onions
- half a cup of chopped European parsley
- one quarter of a cup of chopped basil
- half a cup of sautéed diced pancetta
- one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- half a cup of pomegranate seeds
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
In a wide flat bowl, I squeezed one lemon and rolled in a log of goats cheese into the juice. I the added salt and pepper and kneaded the goats cheese into the accumulating flavors. I then added extra virgin olive oil, thinly sliced green onions, chopped basil and chopped parsley.
I sliced the pears like thick wafers. I smeared the goats cheese on the pear as one would peanut butter onto a sandwich. I then sprinkled with pancetta and on a separate batch I sprinkled pomegranate seeds (for the vegetarian). Voila lean deliciousness.