Pork Chops & Apple Sauce
- 10 apples
- 1 table spoon of butter
- 2x 1 table spoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1/4 of a teaspoon white pepper
- half a teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- half a teaspoon of cracked black pepper
- half a teaspoon of ground sea salt
- a quarter of a cup of finely slices chives
Sauté 10 sliced apples in a table spoon of butter and one table spoon of extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle in white pepper, cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves and ground nutmeg. Once the apples begin to turn golden brown flip over. Once they are golden brown on both sides add half a cup of water and simmer. After 3 minutes co
mbine all ingredients in the blender and blend into a sauce.
Set aside half a cup of apple sauce and smear over the pork chops in a flat wide bowl. Add cracked black pepper and ground sea salt and fork the chops. Then take the chops into another flat wide bowl and sprinkle with the flour. Dust flour all over the chops.
Cook the chops in a frying pan in 1 table spoon of extra virgin olive oil at medium heat. Do not keep turning over. Cook for approximately 8 minutes on either side -- or until cook
ed through to the center -- on either side.
Sprinkle chives over the chops as you serve with the delicious apple sauce!