Ahi Tuna Kissed by Wasabi Cream
This is super simple and a fab crowd pleaser.
- 2 pieces of sushi grade tuna steaks
- one quarter of cup of sesame oil
- one quarter of a cup of light soy sauce
- half a cup Wasabi sauce or powder
- half of a cup Whipping cream
- half of a cup Sesame seeds
- Micro greens for garnish
I let the tuna sit in sesame oil and soy sauce for about ten minutes before searing and slicing.
As I let it sit I prepare my wasabi cream. It is simply equal amounts of wasabi paste or powder to cream (not whipped.. straight from the carton).
I place the 2 steaks onto a very hot griddle or BBQ (when it is not snowed in) and sear for 60 seconds on either side.
I remove and place on a cutting board and slice into bite size pieces.
I lay the tuna pieces on a bed of micro greens, sprinkle sesame seeds on each piece, and then drizzle the smallest amount of wasabi cream over each piece. I serve just like that. I like to give my guests bamboo skewers to take their piece of tuna (and the next and the next).