Have friends coming over for margaritas this summer? Ceviche is easy, utterly delicious, and transports you to your dream summer locale.
• one cup of freshly squeeze lime juice
• 2 pounds of fresh firm white-fleshed ocean fish like sole, sea bass, grouper, or flounder.
• 3 garlic cloves diced
• one quarter of a cup of finely sliced basil
• one quarter of a cup of finely sliced European parsley
• half a cup of finely sliced cilantro
• 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olio
• 12 finely sliced green onions
• ground sea salt
• ground black pepper
• 3 firm avocados -- diced into cubes the size of raspberries.
Remove all bones, skin and blood lines from fish and dice into cubes the size of raspberries, and sit in a bowl of squeezed lime juice for 10 - 20 minutes
and set that bowl on bowl of ice. Add diced garlic, olive oil, sea salt, pepper, basil, parsley, cilantro, green onions, avocados and serve.