Portobello Mushroom on Parmesan Tortillas
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- a bunch of large basil leaves
- half a cup of extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5 Reduced Carb Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas (from Trader Joes)
- one and a quarter cup of grated (not finely) parmesans cheese
I used the same mushroom recipe from above but instead of using the basil leaf as the wafer on which to serve the mushrooms on I uses Parmesan infused tortillas. Whilst the mushrooms are barbecuing, I placed each individual tortilla in the oven (not on a baking sheet). I cooked each until crisp. I then added one quarter of a cup of shredded.
Parmesan on each tortilla and placed 6-7 pieces of mushroom atop the cheese. I then returned the tortillas, on a baking sheet, to the oven, and cooked until the cheese was melted. I cut the tortilla into 6 pieces. And before I could say, "Luvvies", the guests have devoured them all.